mini_banner

Friday, June 15, 2007

My 1501 is Home

I received my 1501 back from Dell today. Shipped on Tuesday and returned Friday. I was pretty excited to get my computer back so quick, but now I realize my keyboard is a bit funky. The space bar is sticking when I type and the left side on the space bar button isn't working. Now I'm going to have to call Dell and get my keyboard replaced. Needless to say I'm a bit pissed. Hopefully this new repair will only take 3 days.

Expect some real updates & new soon.

Next Laptop is going to be a System76.
edited by pHreaksYcle

5 comments:

Szymon S. said...

System76 laptops are Compal Hel barebones, from VBI Intel program, and when u buy barebone yourself u can customise it, also self customised barebone is much cheaper.

Langolier said...

Hey Red,

Before you go and send it off again try http://www.wikihow.com/Pop-a-Key-Back-Onto-a-Dell-Laptop-Keyboard. Hope it helps!

lsutiger said...

Glad to see you're back in business!!
I am not sure how many ppl have had problems with Beryl and Open Office, but mine was acting very strange ( all field headers had 0's displayed.
Well I fixed it reinstalling Open Office using the RPM download suing this link:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1945243&postcount=29
Just in case others have problems...

rollerskatejamms said...

The system76 systems seem waaaay overpriced to me man. Especially considering the largest hard drive they come with is only 100gb.

The Darter model has a max memory of 1.5 gb for no particular reason.

I'll probably go for a Macbook or a Dell with ubuntu preinstalled.

Gottlieb said...

I own a System 76 Pangolin Value laptop and after the work I have done (yes, work) to get this 1501 up to speed, I would more likely buy a System 76 machine again. I paid around 700 for the System 76 laptop - everything plug and play, upgraded the memory (the guys at system 76 provided me with the specs so I bought the correct chips). I love the machine - not dual core AMD, but dual core Intel - sometimes we all much make compromises . . .