mini_banner

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Update Nerfed Your Wi-Fi & Xbox360 Controller

This morning's Ubuntu update contains the new Edgy Kernel 2.6.17.7-11.1

The update uninstalls your WiFi and Xbox 360 controller "drivers". The controller part was an easy fix. All you have to do it edit the first line of the make file to reflect your new kernel and use the original guide.
KERNEL_DIR?=/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.17.11-generic

Wi-Fi is not such an easy fix. I have to work not only today but all day (24 hrs) Sunday and most of Monday. So if you came here looking for answer the only thing I can tell you is to start the WiFi guide over again. Hopefully either one of you will send me a quick fix or Tuesday I'll come up with something. Until then my laptop is plugged into my router.
edited by pHreaksYcle

0 comments: